Civil Service Commission (CSC) is set to launch its new system called Computerized Examination (CSC-COMEX) that will ease the burden of every examiners
Applying for CSC Examination is time-consuming and tiring especially more examiners will apply for a particular day. Expect to fall in line and wait for hours, though.
To address this issue, the Civil Service Commission (CSC) is set to launch its new system called Computerized Examination (CSC-COMEX) that will ease the burden of every examiner.
Also, the new system automates and streamlines examination administration from application to the actual conduct of exams.
It will automate and integrate an efficient way to administer on the digital tests. Thus, it is faster, easier, more convenient, and more efficient.
The said system is implemented in all CSC Regional Offices.
- Each Regional Office will run its own Testing Center.
- Each Regional Testing Center will have its local server to which testing computers shall be connected.
- The CSC-COMEX system will be available online so that interested examinations applicants anywhere with an internet connection can apply and reserve a slot for a particular exam schedule.
- The CSC-COMEX system will be connected to CSC’s existing databases such as the database of individuals barred from taking civil service examinations, the database of civil service eligibles, and the database on career service examinees’ frequency of taking exams.
- The CSC-COMEX system will automatically verify the data provided by an applicant during registration against the said databases. Thus, the cross-checking of data will be made faster and easier and will produce more accurate results.
- CSC-COMEX system allows an examinee to complete the application process, take the examination, and get his/her result on the same day. With the present Computer-Aided Test (CAT) system at the CO, an examinee has to go to the CSC office twice - first, to personally file an application, and second, to take the examination
- The system is designed to ensure the reliability of the conduct of examinations.
- The system will make use of up-to-date software that meets the specifications of computers and servers currently available in the market.
COMEX made in collaboration with the Advanced Science and Technology Institute (ASTI), the research and development arm of the Department of Science and Technology.
COMEX will be made available to the public beginning in January 2014.
To start with, you need to register first: Registration