Applying for CSC Examination is time-consuming and tiring especially more examiners will apply for particular day. Expect to fall in line and wait for hours though.
To address this issue, Civil Service Commission (CSC) is set to launch its new system called Computerized Examination (CSC-COMEX) that will ease the burden of every examiners.
Also, the new system automates and streamlines examination administration from application to the actual conduct of exams.
It will automate and integrate efficient way to administer on computerized examination. Thus, it is faster, easier, more convenient, and more efficient.
The said system is implement in all CSC regional Offices.
- Each Regional Office will run its own Testing Center.
- Each Regional Testing Center will have its own local server to which testing computers shall be connected.
- The CSC-COMEX system will be available online so that interested examinaton applicants anywhere with an internet connection can apply and reserve a slot for a particular examination schedule.
- The CSC-COMEX system will be connected to CSC’s existing databases such as the database of individuals barred from taking civil service examinations, the database of civil service eligibles, and the database on career service examinees’ frequency of taking examinations.
- The CSC-COMEX system will automatically verify the data provided by an applicant during registration against the said databases. Thus, cross-checking of data will be made faster and easier, and will produce more accurate results.
- CSC-COMEX system allows an examinee to complete the application process, take the examination, and get his/her result in the same day. With the present Computer-Aided Test (CAT) system at the CO, an examinee has to go to the CSC office twice - first, to personnaly file an application, and second, to take the examination
- The system is designed to ensure reliability of the conduct of examinations.
- The system will make use of up-to-date software that meets the specifications of computers and servers currently available in the market.
COMEX made in collaboration with the Advanced Science and Technology Institute (ASTI), the research and development arm of the Department of Science and Technology.
COMEX will be made available to the public beginning January 2014.
To start with, you need to register first: Registration